WEST SPARTANBURG YOUTH TENNIS
Beech Springs Courts
Welcome to West Spartanburg Youth Tennis! We are very excited to bring an accessible youth tennis
program to the area during the spring of 2018. Here are our guiding principles:
• All youth are welcome, there
will be a scholarship fund for those unable to pay. We
want all youth interested in tennis to come out!
• If you
are slightly younger or slightly older than our stated 3rd grade to 7th grade,
we will try to work something out.
• West Spartanburg Youth Tennis is not limited to D5 and D6. Everyone is welcome!
• Our goals are not only to teach kids how to hit a tennisball,
but to understand the game of tennis Instruction will include understanding the tennis court, scoring, and etiquette.
• We will provide a basic introduction to tennis and provide those interested in going further with access
to local tennis pros.
clinic is scheduled to begin TBA. Clinics
and leagues will be conducted on Saturdays and Mondays. We will be using courts that are primarily used for Byrnes and
Dorman Girls Tennis and we must work around their schedule.
If a High School match gets rescheduled to a Monday, then Youth Tennis will
need to be canceled for that night. Also
since Girls Tennis matches occur on
various Wednesdays and almost every Tuesday/Thursday, we
might have to be flexible with rescheduling our
are a few additional items:
1. All clinics will be held at Beech Springs Intermediate School (The Byrnes HS tennis courts) or Dorman HSweather permitting. Unfortunately with
hard courts, even a slight rainfall can
cancel our play. The courts get slippery and the safety of players is our priority. A decision to
play will be made with as much advanced notice as possible.
Please be patient.
2. The players should wear athletic shoes, athletic pants/shorts and shirt.
Pants/shorts with pockets are preferred, as tennis
balls are stored there during points. Jerseys will be ordered once there is a handle on how many will be attending.
3. All players are responsible for
their own racquet. If you don't have one already, you can purchase one from Dick's sporting goods. I will always try and bring extra racquets but please be prepared. Please get a racquet that is size and weight appropriate for your child. The following website might be helpful: